Journeyman Lineman Apprenticeship Program
Southeast Power Corporation is pleased to have created and established an accredited Non-Union, Journeyman Lineman Apprenticeship Program registered with the Department of Labor. In order to continuously promote safety and training within our organization it was paramount that we established a Non-Union Apprenticeship program to properly train our up and coming lineman. The 4-year program that includes classroom training (640 hours) and "hands on" on the job training (8,000 hours) for our apprentices. The classroom environment is hosted and provided by Lake Sumter State Community College in Leesburg, FL.
- Certified with the Department of Labor.
- Accredited through the Florida Department of Education.
- 4 years of classroom training provided through Lake Sumter State College *160 hours a year.
- 4 years of on-the-job training provided through Southeast Power Corporation.
- Successful completion of the Journeyman Lineman evaluation at the conclusion of 4 years will ensure a Journeyman Lineman Card and continued employment with Southeast Power Corporation as a Journeyman Lineman.